Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Food Tantrums - Solved?

Well, it's been an eventful few days around here. First, Josh was able to romp with his cousins on Saturday and Sunday. Boy, do they enjoy playing with each other. Secondly, Josh seemed to be coming down with a cold on Sunday. Well, it wasn't a cold but two molars coming in at the same time. Ouch!!!! He isn't sleeping or eating very well right now and his nose is a non-stop faucet. Of course, mom and dad aren't sleeping well either. Hopefully this will pass soon.

The big news is we think we found a solution to food tantrums. Yeah!!! My mom did this with me so why not do it with Josh. Matt and I got the step stool out so that Josh could be at the kitchen counter with us. He loves it. He gets into everything and it seems to keep the food tantrums from escalating.


Josh can climb up and down the stool himself. Although we do keep an eye on him. He also tries to push the stool from one side of the kitchen to the other as we move about getting food ready.


This is the dangerous part. Trying to teach Josh about "hot" while near the stove, but he does a good job of stirring though.


Yum, I love eating the carrots mom is cutting up!

The picture below is just a funny picture of Josh. Somehow he stuck this chip in his hair. Who knows what he was thinking?

Love to all,

Matt, Jenny and Josh

2 comments:

Palmer said...

I stumbled across your blog when I googled on Indiana readoption law. We moved to Fort Wayne last summer from Oregon and need to do readoption for our little girl, who we got in China in March of 2006. Looking through pictures from your trip to China brought back memories. Your trip looked a lot like ours in many ways. The Yuntai Gardens were probably our favorite stop.

My blog is www.palmersworld.blogspot.com. If you're interested, you can click on posts from March and April 2006 to see reports on our travels to get MelodyJoy.

Anyway, I'd be curious to know how you did your readoption. Did you use an attorney? If you have a moment to tell me a little about your experiences or give advice, I'd sure appreciate it. My e-mail is palminator2000@yahoo.com. Thanks!

Palmer said...

I should have mentioned that the family that got us thinking about adopting from China in the first place also used Great Wall.